From one nacho connoisseur to you need put these on your food bucket list or better yet, go get your keys. Head to the nearest Asian grocery store to pick up these items. I promise you wont regret it.
- 1 Pound Beef Ribeye (Sliced thinly)
- Garlic 1 Tbs / 3g
- Ginger 1 Tbs / 3g
- Onion 1/2 cup / 65g
- Asian Pear (graded) 1/2 pear / 100g
- Soy Sauce 1/4 cup / 66g
- Brown Sugar 2 Tbs / 27g
- Rice Vinegar 2 Tbs / 28g
- Sesame Oil 2 tsp / 9g
- Kimchi (chopped & drained) 1 cup / 150g
Gochujang Spiked Cheese Sauce
- Cheese sauce 1 Cup / 262g
- Gochujang 2 Tbs /
- Sour Cream 1/2 Cup /
- Lime Juice 2 Tbs /
- Square Wontons- 20 pieces
- Fry Oil 2-4 Cups
- Shishito Peppers 8-10
- Olive Oil
- Scallions (Garnish)
- Sesame Seeds (Garnish)
- Put all Marinade ingredients in to blender and blend until smooth.
- Slice Ribeye in thin strips then cut strips in half. Place meat in container, pour marinade over meat and massage in the flavor. Cover and store in refrigerator
- Open kimchi, strain out liquid
- Chop kimchi into bite size pieces, put in pan over medium heat. Cook kimchi until it caramelizes(when it gets light brown). Take out kimchi and set aside.
- To make the lime crema, in a small bowl add sour cream and lime juice. Mix till smooth. Cover, set aside (smart idea to put in frig)
- Time to char some Shishito peppers!!! Put peppers in a bowl, lightly coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Put baking rack over oven burner. Using tongs, place peppers over flame to quickly char on both sides. This happens fast so be alert!
- Once peppers are charred, place on cutting board and chop into thick coins. Put in bowl, set aside
- Time to spike some cheese!!! Put cheese sauce and gochujang in sauce pot. Heat up, mix well...the cheese sauce will turn an orange color.
- Take meat out of the refrigerator. Heat up pan over medium heat
- using tongs, place the meat in pan and cook to desired temperature. Once Cooked turn off heat and keep on burner to stay warm
- In a pot/frying pan add canola/veggie or whatever oil you are comfortable with that has a high smoke point. So NOT olive oil.
- Heat up oil to 350 degrees.
- Cut square wontons diagonal so you get triangles. Fry in oil till you reach golden brown deliciousness.
- Take out chips from oil...with tongs and set on baking rack or paper towel. Sprinkle with salt.
- LETS ASSEMBLE!!!
- Im a fan of 2 layer nachos so every chip has some action on it! I lay down my chips, Cheese sauce, Kimchi, Shishito peppers, Bulgogi beef, lime crema, scallions and sesame seeds. Then I repeat the same steps again on top!
- Hope you enjoy the nachos a much as I do! There a video on our Instagram (@Eatsteakchips) if you want to check it out!