All hail the Bacon Jam🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
I don’t know about you but I’m all about elevating my food in anyway that I can, trying to make it better than what I created before. This recipe is the same one that I used in Episode 4 of Gordon Ramsays “Food Stars” and even though they couldn’t see it (because it was under the cheese) they could mos definitely taste it! The sweet & salty mixed with the caramelized onions packed in hickory smoke flavor is just disgustingly delicious and I’m surprised nobody put a ban on it yet! This bacon jam does the hibbity dibbity on everything you put it on… just see for yourself!
My go to is on a burger🍔🤤
- 1 lb Thick cut Hickory Smoked Bacon (cubed)
- 1 Cup/ 300g large Spanish Onion (diced)
- 1/2 Cup/ 75g light Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs/ 24g Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5-6 springs of Thyme
- Cut Bacon into a medium dice/rectangle & onions into medium dice
- Place pot over medium/low heat and toss in bacon, onions, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and thyme. Mix well
- Cook over medium to low heat for 45 minutes to an hour or until mixture turns dark caramelized color.
- Take off heat and strain fat.
- Put in blender and pulse until you get a nice chunky paste.
- Set aside to cool and enjoy!!!
- Whatcha gonna put it on? A burger?
- keeps for up to 2 weeks in frig.