I’m not the kind of person that’ll pick up a tub of hummus and a bag of pita bread from the grocery store for a snack. Ether the consistency is fucked up, needs more salt, more cow bell, more tahini… ect.. I don’t know!?! I can never find one that I really like.
But what I can tell you is when you see me self checkin out (don’t even get me started on that racket) with that watery can of chick peas & that bottle of pasty sesame goodness.. it’s about to go DOWN!!!
The MVP of this show is the fried chick peas & hot paprika oil to give it that extra razzle dazzle… you’ll see!
- 1 Cup/ 180g Canned Chick Peas (drained)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 Cup/ 50g Tahini
- Lemon Juice 1/2 small lemon or 40g
- 1 tsp/ 5g Salt
- 2 Tbs/ 28g hot water
- 1/3 Cup/60g Olive Oil
- 1 tsp/2g Cumin
- 1/2 tsp/2g Paprika
Fried Chick Pea Seasoning
- 1 tsp/1g Paprika
- 1 tsp/1g Cumin
- 1 tsp/1g Salt
- 4 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tsp/1g Paprika
- 1 Tbs Chopped Parsley
- Add Chick Peas, Garlic, and Tahini to a food processor/blender and pulse until Chick Peas are crushed up. We are doing this in batches so that all ingredients get incorporated and there are no chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and blend until smooth. may have to add another splash of oil and blendy blendy! Our Hummus mixture is done, how does it taste?
- Put remaining Chick Peas on paper towel and pat dry.
- Pour oil in a small pot and heat to 350 degrees to fry deez peas
- Fry peas in oil until they turn GBD (golden brown delicious) and start floating on the top.
- Take Peas out of oil, put in mixing bowl and sprinkle the Chick Pea Seasoning and toss to flavor
- To make the Seasoned Oil add all ingredients to small sauce pan and bring up to temp. Once it starts to bubble vigorously take off heat and time to assemble!!!
- Drop that Hummus on a plate, sprinkle seasoned Chick Peas and gently pour hot seasoned oil on top!
- Heat up some pita however you like and enjoy!!!
Let us know what you think of this recipe and tag us at @EatsteakChips