Photo coming soon... I ate it way to fast!
- 2 Pounds of Lamb Necks
- 3 cups / 710g Red Wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 3 cups / 710g high quality H20 (water)
- 2 / 300g Sliced Oranges
- 6 cloves / 27g Garlic
- 10 springs of Thyme
- 1 Cup / 260g Red wine braising liquid
- 1.5 Cups / 360g Ketchup
- 1/2 cup / 110g light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs / 40g Honey
- 1 Tbs / 15g Salt
- 2 Tbs 30g Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs / 15g Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 Tbs/ 15g Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp / 2g Paprika
- Dash of Salt
- Burger Buns
- Cooking Oil
- Rip that oven to 375 degrees
- Put Lamb necks on a baking tray and sprinkle some salt on those bad boys
- In a large pot add 3 Tbs of oil over medium/high heat and sear necks on all sides
- Once the necks are seared and browned up add garlic, red wine, water, oranges and thyme.
- Bring braising liquid to a simmer. Cover and place in oven for an hour and a half.
- Tell me your house doesn't smell absolutely delicious at this point
- Take out of oven, pull Lamb necks & meat out of liquid. Set on baking sheet to cool on down.
- When the Lamb is cooled down, pull the meat off the bone. Set Lamb aside and shoot those bones in the garbage...KOBE!!!
- Strain the liquid of the orange, thyme & garlic bits into bowl/container (Keep the liquid)
- Measure or eye or eyeball 1 cup of the braising liquid. Put in smaller sauce pot
- Add remaining BBQ sauce ingredients and cook for 20 minute or until desired thickness
- In a pan add butter and mushrooms. Over medium heat cook until soft.
- Add lamb and 1-2oz of BBQ sauce. Heat that up!
- Toast burger buns
- Enjoy!! Tag us @Eatsteakchips and let us know what you think of these sloppy joes