I'm all about a good meatball and these Gluten Free Swedish meatballs hit the spot! My girlfriend doesn't like meatballs but a day after I made these she was asking for em again! There is so much flavor in these Chips that you only have to add a few ingredients and BOOM!!! Delicious meatballs, Yo!
Perfect for 2 people! Makes about 9 1" Meatballs
1/2 # Ground Beef
- ¼ Cup Chopped Parsley
- ½ tsp Ground allspice
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Yellow Onion (Minced) About 1/2 a medium size onion
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Bag Sichuan Peppercorn Steak Chips
3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1.5 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Parsley or Chives
- Start by Charring the diced onions in a pan over medium to high heat with No oil. We are creating levels of flavor (Maillard Reaction) and charred onions have a sweet nutty flavor that shines in these balls
- When the onions are charred set them aside to cool down.
- Put whole bag of Steak Chips in a blender and blend until chips turn into a fine powder. We are substituting Steak Chips for breadcrumbs to make them gluten free. So keep blending until they looks like breadcrumbs.
- In a bowl add ALL ingredients for making the meatballs and mix well.
- Put a little Olive Oil on your hands so that the meat doesn't stick to them. Form balls an put on small baking pan.. to me the perfect size is about 1" or .75oz per ball. This recipe should yield 9 balls.
- Once balls are formed put in freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- In a pan over medium/high heat sear sides of meatballs to lock in all that flavor. Once balls are seared put on baking tray in oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees to finish cooking
- In the same pan that you seared the balls in add 3 cups of beef broth to deglaze pan and start building gravy.
- When the broth is at a simmer add Heavy Cream and turn down heat a little. Reduce until liquid tightens up(10 minutes). Add lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Take them sexy balls out of oven. Plate them on a bed of creamy mashed taters and pour over that delicious gravy.
- Hit it with a garnish...chives or parsley. Or Both!!!
- Let us know what you think of this recipe and tag us at @Eatsteakchips.com